When you first start your business you start down a path, but then before you know it there’s a forest before you that’s so thick you have no idea where the path even starts. This is felt by many new entrepreneur’s as they start to journey towards success. Many times it also causes paralysis making many wonder why they even took this path in the first place.
Now, no one ever said it would be easy, but this dang hard? Really?!! It can make even the strongest person turn away from their dreams and simply go back to what they know; a corporate or blue collar job-job. I’m not saying having a job is a bad thing, but when it comes to entrepreneur’s it’s the death of dreams. I mean think of where we would be if Steve Jobs or Michael Gates gave up. You wouldn’t be enjoying an Apple phone or working on the number one office software in the world, Microsoft. Making the decision to become an entrepreneur and be your own boss, is a choice that is not for the faint of heart. I’m not saying you give up on your dreams, just simply know what this journey may entail; either a long or short road to success.
How many times have you heard about this person or that gaining huge success? Got news for you, this didn’t happen over night. It took a lot of work and late nights. Now, don’t think I’m discouraging you, I’m simply sharing a story that many entrepreneur’s tell. Let’s begin, shall we?
One day, there was a woman with a dream of conquering the business world. Looking out above a bustling city from her executive office suite gazing upon all the cars and people rushing around to get from point A to point B, she smiled. You see she was once one of those people rushing along with the crowd. Now she was working to make her mark on the world. But deep down inside she knew how hard she had to work to get here, and she remembered the first day when she decided to trudge her own path of success. It was a pivotal moment in her life when she took on the world of entrepreneurial dreams. She started off strong knowing the why and what, but as time passed the how became an ever eluding path of trees. As soon as she got past one tree another appeared. This soon became a game of getting past the forest of trees to find her path to success. Wanna know how she did it?
You may be saying, “Corny story. Really getting past the forest of trees?” But it’s true. So let’s discuss how you can do the same thing.
- Write out your WHY, WHAT, and HOW.
- Your WHY should be the reason you wanted to become an entrepreneur. You wanted to be your own boss, you had an idea for a product that others had missed, you wanted to provide value and help others. Whatever this may be, what was the real reason you started your own business?
- Your WHAT is the type of business and/or what you do. Coaching, Technical Support, Real Estate, Skin Care Consultant, Web Developer, Marketing Agency….what is your expertise?
- Your HOW is what you need to put in place to get you there. Systems, equipment, networking events, finances, what are the things you need now so that you can work with your optimal client?
- Know that there will be obstacles along the way. Don’t give up, because you can find ways to get past these obstacles. This may sound daunting, but it is doable. Check online sources such as Lynda.com, eResource Hub.com, Score, GoFundMe, Elance, Fivver……these are just a few. (More resource to come very soon on this site.)
- Get involved in either a networking group or mastermind with like minded people who can help you see past the forest and find the path.
- Getting your goals setup with either Excel or Google Sheets. Make it simple and easy to attain. (We’ll go into more detail on this one in another blog post.)
Keep in mind that many of the above resources either cost very little or no cost at all. So if money is the issue, no more excuses my friend. Listen, if we can start a business during the recession of 2018 and still be in business, you can too. Trust me when we say, it is feasible to look past the trees to see the path. All you have to do is take baby steps towards your goals, one goal at a time.
Here’s to your entrepreneurial success.
Ever since Katrina R. Garcia was a little girl she wanted to dominate the business world. Today she is dominating the entrepreneurial world as CEO/Founder of KG Website Designs, where they help their client’s grow their list, build their business, and make more money with the one thing they already have in place, their WEBSITE. She has been in business for over 14 years and during this time has worked tirelessly to push forth the best customer service possible. She helps her client’s get more impressions and make money not only through their websites, but the new money making dynamic, membership sites.
She collaborated with Janet Kunst to pull together this membership site for entrepreneurs to find tools to help them manage their business and get more done in today’s fast paced world. Their ultimate goal is to help you work smarter instead of harder.